The thought of going vacations all by yourself may seem a bit weird to many people, but if you have travelled alone before you must be knowing how this experience could be a great fun and learning experience. However, if you are considering your first solo vacation trip, it may seem a little daunting task, but if you want to do something different then you must start looking for the best places to travel solo in the USA. Adventure tours are a great way to unleash the hidden adventurer inside you and experience different challenges and situations throws at you. Obviously, it’s not for everyone but only brave souls.
There are many things in the minds of solo travelers who are going on an adventure tour for the very first time. Is it safe, is it sane, what it’s like, what they should know, what to do and what not to while traveling solo. Well, the ideal answer to these question can only come with experience, but here are some things you should know before you head out for a completely new experience in your life. Read on to know more about it.
1. Decide where you want to go. The fact that remains unchanged is that America is one big country and it’s not possible for you to see the entire country. Accept this fact, set your priorities, and decide the places where you really want to go. Do not race through your trip because it will not give you adequate time to explore the places. You can have shorter or longer stays at different locations to maintain a fine balance.
2. Americans are warm people. The fact that Americans are friendly people helps those who are visiting the states for the very first time. Americans are always willing to provide any information that you want to have, and also give you useful suggestions. From a small to any major city in the Unites States, more often than not Americans are friendly people to foreigners because it’s a matter of pride for them.
3. Buy health insurance before your trip. Most foreign travelers are not aware that the American healthcare system does not provide coverage to travelers to America. So, keeping in mind that the medical treatment costs in America can be very expensive, make sure you buy health insurance from a reliable health insurance carrier before flying to solo travel destinations in the USA.
4. Where to stay? Prices and type of accommodation varies widely. Couchsurfing and Airbnb started in the US and are options solo travelers. Cheap hotels are, and will be, cheap, so prefer to stay in a hostel or guesthouse. You can check with welcome centers and visitor information centers for tips on last minute hotel deals.
5. The weather can be unstable. When you’re visiting America, make sure to know that almost every place in the US is more hotter than Brits or Europeans are used to. On the other hand, some parts can get much colder than in most other parts of the world. Check seasonal weather patterns before you leave for the US.
Coming to conclusion, the first solo trip to US can be a great, unforgettable life experience that can change your life. Solo traveling is a unique challenge and once you meet this challenge successfully, you will be ready to embrace more places, diverse cultures and belief systems, and people from different cultural backgrounds.