Though people have used herbal medicines for centuries, it is only now you find these medicines gaining much popularity across the world. You had the most serious ailments like cancer and diabetes being treated with these medicines in the past.
Let us go through some of the benefits of these herbal medicines and understand why their popularity is rising in recent times.
Most allopathic drugs have some side effect or another. These side effects are, at times, worse than the ailment itself. There are many times patients suffering more from these effects rather than the disease itself. Herbal medicines, being medicines, do have a side effect but not as bad as the ones from chemical drugs.
It is due to the cost of prescription drugs you have multiple people looking for alternative treatments. Though these herbal medicines might not work as fast as the prescription drugs, they do help with the ailment in the same manner. In short, these are definitely effective but at a slower pace.
Herbal medicines work in treating more than one condition, unlike the prescription drugs. The prescription drugs work for a specific ailment.
Different herbal medicines need to be consumed in a different manner, depending on the herb used. Some of these medicines can be mixed with food and other needs to be taken with a glass of milk.
These herbal medicines make use of the natural healing process of the body. These do not suppress the disease but tend to treat the roots. The ingredients used in these medicines are most often those, which are produced by the human body.
Some of the ailments, which can be treated with these medicines, are:
Herbal medicines for digestive problems include ginger, clove, chicory, rosemary, red peppers, and more as the ingredients. Some of the herbal medicines available are good for diarrhea, ulcers, constipation, and other problems.
Garlic used in herbal medicines works well for lowering of blood pressure along with cholesterol and helps in cardiovascular diseases.
There are a number of herbal medicines, which help in respiratory problems like bronchitis, asthma, and more. Gingko is one herb, which helps relieve asthma conditions, while Eucalyptus can loosen the phlegm and Thyme is used for relieving cough.
You need to follow some tips when using these herbal medicines.
• Herbal medicines are after all ‘medicines’ and need to be taken with care only after consultation with the expert.
• There are possibilities of side effects even with herbal medicines, though not as severe.
• Ensure you are using the correct product.
• There is a possibility of these herbal medicines interacting with other drugs. This might bring down the effectiveness of the drug or probably cause some sort of discomfort.
• All herbs are not safe, as some can be poisonous.
• It is advisable not to opt for herbal medicines, which are not licensed.
• In case of any side effect of these medicines, you need to consult your doctor.
• Some of these herbal medicines can cause allergies. You need to find out whether you are allergic to any specific herb in a medicine before opting for this.
Before opting for specific herbal medicine online, it is advisable to look for referrals. You get a fair idea of any side effects from those who have used this medicine. Look for well-reputed brands, which are not overly priced. Quality does matter in these medicines. Finally, you need to check out the manufacturing date and the date of expiry.