The World Health Organization or WHO released report on diabetes in 2014 that 9% people of 18 years and older are suffering from diabetes. Diabetes is a serious chronic disease which occurs due to the failure production of insulin by the pancreas or when the body unable to use much insulin hormone it produces. The insulin hormone regulates sugar (5). Hyperglycemia, or raised blood sugar is a serious stage that is uncontrollable diabetes and over time it leads to the serious problems that can damage nerve system and blood vassal in the body.
Diabetes has three forms such as:
- Type 1 Diabetes: It is an autoimmune disease which occurs due to the failure of insulin production in the pancreas and beta cells turns against the pancreas. The people who are suffering with this kind of diabetes need regular insulin therapy to survive, and it is also known as insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus.
- Type 2 Diabetes: This is a stage when cells unable to use insulin properly and known as the stage of insulin resistance.
- Gestational Diabetes: It occurs in pregnant ladies without any previous diagnosis a high level blood sugar, but it can lead to Type 2 diabetes later.
Symptoms of Diabetes
Diabetes is also known as a silent killer disease. According to the medical research that every illness or disease has some earlier warnings and signs which should not be ignored, so the diabetes can also be diagnosed at its earlier stage.
- Excessive and frequent urination and thirst: If you need to go the bathroom more than usual then it may be the earliest sign of Type 2 Diabetes, this happens due to the excessive release of glucose in blood. In such case, kidneys worked hard to filter out the excessive sugar from the blood, which creates the problem of Polyuria which leads to dehydration and you feel thirst constantly, this symptom is known as Polydipsia.
- Unbearable and constant Hunger or Polyphagia: When the sugar level goes high and low frequently in the blood, the cells don’t get enough glucose and develops a sudden urge to eat. And you feel hunger constantly.
- Blurred vision and stress over the eyes: When you have got sudden blurry vision with excess eye stress that will be an early sign of diabetes. This symptom occurs when excessive sugar level thickening your blood, in such condition your body needs extra fluids absorbed by the surrounding tissues to compare the damaged tissues. So, your eyes get dry and struggle to focus on your vision. It should not be left untreated as this problem may get you a partial or total blindness.
- Dizziness, shakiness, and general fatigue: If you are feeling exhausted with shaky hands, and then you must be suffering from low level blood sugar and need to be treated as soon as possible. Low blood sugar level can lead to serious health problems, so these symptoms should not be ignored and needs a doctor as soon as possible.
- Slow-healing of Wounds, foot sores and swollen gums: Diabetic patients frequently face the pain of swollen and bloody gums, and foot sores. These wounds go through a slower healing process than usual, due to the interference of high blood sugar level, which slow down the natural healing power of the body. But, this phenomenon needs more research to get any conclusive information.
- Tingling and numbness, especially on hands and feet: If you are experiencing a tingling, burning or numbness continuously on the certain area of your hands and feet, then you must call your doctor immediately because it may be happening due to the high sugar level in blood which damage your nerve fibers, this is also known as diabetic neuropathy.
- Consistent weight loss: If you are facing the problem of rapid weight loss from the last six months and had already lost five percent of your body weight then it can be a sign of diabetes. This is happening due to the excessive urination and it prevents sugar to the cells from your food, as a result body feels more starving and it starts using of protein from muscles automatically.
Furthermore, the above explained signs and warns could not be ignored by the people who are frequently faced such common issues related to the health, and need to be cured before any serious damage of the body.