As per the report of WHO or World Health organization that nine percent of adult people are struggling with diabetes. Usually, people don’t have awareness regarding its earlier symptoms and ignore them as a normal sickness which causes make them diabetic. Diabetes occurs due to the failure of insulin secretion from the pancreas and the body cannot use the required insulin hormones it produces. WHO tries to aware the people from all over the world with its earliest signs and warns especially under developed countries. But, with the help of little awareness, diabetes can be cured.
Herbal Remedies to Treat Diabetes
The Hyperglycemia is a high sugar level in blood, which has numerous treatments to control, but home remedies or herbal treatment can help you to cure Hyperglycemia. If you are a diabetic and struggling with it each day of your life, then home remedies can help you to control this disease, wonderfully, but you need to be stuck with a healthy lifestyle as described following:
- Start with Yoga and Meditation: Diabetes usually occurs to the people who follow sedentary lifestyle, so the people who are suffering with this disease should make some major changes in their lifestyle such as they should have to stick to yoga and meditation regularly. A simple but regular walk up to 45 minutes can also help you in balancing the blood sugar level or you to opt some simple yoga exercises like Surya Namaskara, Uddiyan Bandh, Kati Chakrasana, Vajrasana, Ardhamatysendrasana, Bhujangasana, Dhanurasana, Shalabhasana, Padahastasana, Mandookasana and Paschimottasana. A regular meditation and yoga practices can help you to control your high blood sugar level.
The stress hormones such as Noradrenalin, Adrenaline and Cortisol make stronger the production of insulin and glucose levels in the body and can be controlled through the regular practice of meditation. Meditation lowers down the insulin production in the body and helps to balance the insulin and glucose balance in the body.
- Dietary Changes and Turn to the Whole or Uncooked food: The diabetic people should avoid sugar containing foods and fruits completely from their daily food consumption to maintain the blood sugar level balanced. And they must have to stick with the whole grain and uncooked food habit such as green salads, sprouts, nuts and raw vegetables. The raw food doesn’t dilute with chemicals and helps the body to absorb sugar slowly. The diabetic people should eat selective fruits and vegetables only which contain less natural sugar content such as papaya, beets, apricots, apple, carrots, berries, citrus fruits like orange, and parsnips, can be included into the diet while banana, mango, grapes should be avoided completely due to the high natural sugar content.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: apple cider vinegar is a useful and an effective home remedy to control blood sugar level in a week or so. Two table spoon of apple cider vinegar is enough for a glass of plain water and add a pinch of salt and take it an hour before eating meal.
- Cinnamon Powder: Cinnamon powder or dalchini powder help you in improving the insulin sensitivity and lower the blood sugar level. The diabetic patient can take an half to one tea spoon of cinnamon powder in the early morning with lukewarm water per day which can improve insulin productivity and control over the blood sugar level in the body.
- Use of Garlic: Garlic is the most common herbal which can be found in most of the Indian families easily and is an effective herbal for diabetic people. The people who have Type 2 Diabetes can chew one to two cloves of garlic daily in the morning empty stomach. This routine can help to prevent recurrent infection and keep balancing blood sugar level naturally.
- Fenugreek Seeds: Fenugreek seeds or “methi-dana” is also a wonderful home remedy ingredient and can be found easily in the houses and general store. One tea spoon of fenugreek seed can be taken with lukewarm water in the morning everyday will help you to balance your blood sugar.
- Flax Seeds or Alsi: Flax seeds have a high content of fiber which is useful in absorbing the fat and sugars from the body. The people who consume flax seeds have a lower risk of Type 2 Diabetes.
Moreover, it is highly advised here that any herbal consumption should be taken separately and should not be continuing simultaneously otherwise it may put you in a serious health issues. The dose should be taken under the surveillance of professionally ayurvadic trained doctors.