Sometimes children are being mischievous, disobedient or reckless and it’s an absolutely normal behavior. However, under some exceptional cases, some children get so difficult to manage with their tremendously complicated behaviors that are completely outside the norm for their age.
If you are also facing the same problem with your children, then you have needed to understand the reason behind their inattentive behavior. Remember, if your children behaving suspiciously and disruptively then don’t consider they do all such disasters intentionally, because psychiatric theory is saying something else, they observe each factor of the behavior and treat it accordingly. There are two forms of disruptive behaviors one is Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD) and other is Conduct Behavior (CD)
Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD) includes:
- Gets easily irritated or annoyed and angered on small things
- They frequently outbursts on other including you
- They frequently argue with adults at home, especially you
- Always Refuses to obey a set of rules
- Seems to intentionally try to do things worse for others
- They have a lack of confidence
- Always blames others for any disasters or fault.
Conduct disorder or CD
There are some of the usual behaviors of a child who is suffering with CD may include the following disruptive behaviors:
- They frequently refused to obey their parents or other adult from the family
- Repetitive absence
- They start using drugs, like cigarettes and liquor, at their early age
- Lack of sympathy for others
- They always being violent against animals and other people to showing their sadistic behaviors and they often bullied others
- They have always ready to involve in physical fights with others
- They usually keep weapons to use in physical fights
- They usually lie on small issues
- They have criminal behavior, including stealing, breaking and damaging equipment and lightening fire in house
- They always have a tendency to run away from the house
- They have suicidal tendencies – while these are exceptional and rare.
Children who have conduct disorder (CD) always been known as they are ‘bad kids’ because of their antisocial behavior and refusal to accept the rules. According to the child psychiatrist that five per cent of 10 year old children are suffering from CD, with boys outnumbering girls by four to one.
Diagnosis of children’s behavioral disorders
Disruptive behavioral disorders are complicated to manage as it may include many different combinations like a child who has CD may also have anxiety, ADHD depression and a complicated home life.
However, you can diagnose it by following methods:
- You can get the services of a child specialist, a pediatrician, or psychologist
The child psychologist diagnoses child behavioral disorder by having depth interviews with children, parents, and teachers separately.
- It has a behavior check list and standardized questionnaires to observe the disorder.
A diagnosis is made on the terms, if the child’s behavior meets the criteria for disruptive behavior disorders.
Treatment of behavioral disorders in children
Children’s Behavioral disorders must be treated at the right time as it may grow up to be dysfunctional adults.
Treatment is typically many-sided and depends on the particular disorder and factors contributing to it, but it may include:
- It starts with the parental education, like they have instructed that how to manage and communicate with their children.
- They provide family therapy that is normally includes improving their problem-solving and communication skills
- Antagonism management – this therapy is specially designed to control their growing anger and frustration by providing relaxation and stress management skills.
- Social training for the child – under this therapy they teach the some important social skills to improve their conversation level as well as how to play cooperatively with others in a group.
- They provide cognitive behavioral therapy for the child to control their behavior and. thoughts
- Provide support for connecting troubles – under this therapy child is taught that how to come out of the troubling situation easily.
- Encouragement therapy – under this therapy, children are encouraged to excel their particular talents and confidence.
- Medication – it is only to provide to control impulsive behaviors.
- Miss k. Williams from National Institute of Mental Health said that Child behavioral disorder can be healed completely but need to take right steps at right time.