Strep throat is one of the infected respiratory diseases which cause pain, discomfort, fever or even tricky swallowing to all types of ages. After being diagnosed with strep throat, a doctor would like to give you an antibiotic to avoid the spread of infection, and then your condition will be getting better soon.
However, have you ever think of how long does strep throat last without antibiotic? This article will help you explore this question, just need to concentrate on this article.
Before knowing how long does strep throat last without antibiotics, you should have some information about strep throat at first.
Strep throat is one of those respiratory diseases caused by a bacteria called Streptococcus. If you suffer from strep throat, you will experience a sore and itchy throat .
All types of people will get a sore throat. However, we see children with more cases of this disease because of weak immunology system. People usually don’t put much attention on treatment strep throat. That’s why this condition will be severe if any of complication happening .
A strep throat transfers to the population through airway by people who already have a strep throat. You can be infected through coughs, sneezes or use the same food or drinks .
In addition, if the persons with strep throat don’t wash their hands’ frequency, bacteria can go into some furniture in your room, then come into your nose or your mouth .
There are various signs and symptoms of strep throat. However, we will list some prevalent one you may get with strep throat including :
You or your children maybe get some of these signs or symptoms not all of that when you have strep throat. Nevertheless, these signs or symptoms can be caused by many other medical problems. Therefore, you need to see a doctor check what happens to you.
If your symptoms are progressive to be worse like the bellowing, you have to go to a doctor then:
There are some complications if you weren’t treated with strep throat, you may get an infection such as tonsillitis, sinusitis, skin infection, blood infection or ear infection. In some cases, you will get some other illnesses containing rheumatic fever, infected kidney, scarlet fever and so on.
To reduce the chance of having more complications, you should contact your doctor if your sore throat wasn’t improved after two days of treatment.
When you have a strep throat, you maybe think of using antibiotics as a unique method. However, have you ever asked yourself ‘does strep throat disappear by itself?’. That is a good question, and the answer is Yes.
In many cases, people without using antibiotics can be got away from strep throat. But, ‘how long does strep throat last without antibiotics’ is a confidential we are finding now.
You can have a strep throat after two to five days after contact with an agent from an infected people.
Sometimes, patients don’t want to see a doctor or use medication, or in some not very serious states, doctors don’t give them antibiotics as well. Strep throat maybe lasts after a week without antibiotics. However, the discovery time is different from each people. Therefore, to answer for ‘how long does strep throat last without antibiotics?’ basing on how healthy your immune system is.
If you have an excellent immunology system, a healthy diet, a deficient supplement and a suitable rest, you can get away from a strep throat after one to two weeks. However, strep throat will be still in your body up to 6 months if you don’t have an energetic immune and an antibiotic to use.
Do you have a strep throat without any symptom? The answer is yes. You can be infectious strep throat even though there is no symptoms have been shown. The time of contagion lasts up to 10 to 15 days.
However, how long do the contagions last depending on how your body responds to the strep throat. If you keep good hygiene, you will recover soon. In some cases, the period of contagions can last up to three days.
If you want to clear away from strep throat, you can apply some ways to take care of yourself at home. Even though you use antibiotics or not, you can utilize that to manage the symptoms for yourself such as:
· Taking an over-the-counter to relieve pain: acetaminophen or ibuprofen will help to reduce the fever and improve your sore throat. However, be careful to use aspirin for children. The side effect is rare but intense is named Reye’s syndrome.
· Honey: you can mix honey with tea or give it alone to drink or eat. It is believed that honey improves wound healing such as a sore throat and reduces a cough also.
· Gargling your mouth cavity: you can rinse with a liquid of salt and water following the ration 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 8 ounces of water. You also can buy normal saline at a pharmacy store to rinse as well.
· Bicarbonate drink: many people know the effect of salt water, but rarely cognize about benefits of baking soda. Mix a cup of water with 1/4 teaspoon baking soda and 1/8 teaspoon of salt to rinse your mouth several times per day is good advice.
· Drink: drink much fluid especially when you have a fever to compensate fluid for the body such as tea or water. Don’t drink some liquid with a high level of acid which can irritate your throat and make it worse.
· Chamomile: Some researchers recommend that chamomile steam can improve some symptoms of cold, for example, sore throat. Then, you can drink chamomile tea which may be useful for your condition.
· Rest: don’t work or act a lot. Try to take a rest as much as you can. Let’s take time for your body fight the infection.
· Soft food: Your strep throat may cause problems with swallowing and need to be rest. You should choose some soft food helping you consume more comfortable such as yogurt, soup or applesauce.
Strep throat is common disease today. Using antibiotics is the most effective to treat this disease, but it has some side effects you need to care. You can try to apply some home remedies to encourage your well-being. However, ‘How long does strep throat last without antibiotics?’ is found the most. Hope this article helps you to answer this question and provide some essential information about strep throat which will help you deal with it effectively.