Dandruff is a scalp condition which is called seborrhea dermatitis. It is a common skin disorder which can be caused by dry skin, oily skin, and occurrence of fungus, bacteria and dead skin cells. Dandruff is developed in moist environment, thus it thrives in monsoons due to sweating and humidity in abundance. But in winters cold winds make skin very dry, irritating and cause skin itching. This results in dandruff.
There are many products available in the market to control dandruff like shampoo, chemical leached oils and masks. But these are not much successful as compared to natural products.
One can control dandruff by adopting a healthy routine with natural and home products. But it requires sufficient time to treat dandruff completely with the natural ingredients.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider Vinegar has acidic content which helps to treat itchy and dry skin. It maintains the pH balance of the scalp. It also prevents the growth of fungus and bacteria causing dandruff.
- Take Apple cider vinegar and mix equal amount of water.
- Spritz this on your scalp with a spray bottle.
- Wear a shower cap and Keep it on the scalp for 20-30 minutes.
- Wash your head and repeat this twice a week.
Garlic has many medical features. With the use of garlic one can stay healthy.
- Take some cloves of garlic and mash it properly with some water.
- Apply it on your scalp and let it stay for half an hour.
- Wash your head with shampoo.
- You can add honey and ginger to remove its smell.
Coconut oil is very helpful to moisturize the skin and thus treat dry skin and itching. Its use is very beneficial to get rid of dandruff and making the hair smooth.
- Take 2-3 teaspoons of pure coconut oil and melt it in a bowl.
- Massage your scalp very well for 10-15 minutes.
- Wrap your head with a towel and after 2-3 hours wash your head with shampoo.
- You can also stay it for overnight, in that case wear shower cap.
- Repeat this every time for one month before you wash your head.
Baking soda has all properties of scrub. It exfoliates the skin properly, thus washes away the dead skin cells. It is very necessary to remove dead skin cells in order to prevent dandruff.
- Mix some baking soda with shampoo.
- Wash your head with this mixture.
- For better results wash with this shampoo until dandruff vanishes completely.
Tea tree Oil
Tea tree Oil has anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties which are helpful to kill bacteria and fungus.
- Add Two drops of tea tree oil in your shampoo.
- Wash your head normally.
- You will see the results after the first wash.
Aloe Vera exfoliates the scalp properly, thus it restricts the development of fungus and bacteria.
- Take raw extracts from Aloe Vera Plant.
- Apply it on your scalp and lets it stay for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash your head with mild shampoo.
- Repeat this once a week to see the results.
Extra Virgin Olive oil is one of the best moisturizers. It effectively moist the scalp and thus cure the scalp dryness.
- Take two to three teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Heat it until it get slightly warm.
- Massage your scalp with this oil and Wear shower cap.
- Leave it for 45 minutes to overnight and then shampoo it.
- Repeat this therapy twice a week.
Lemon juice has acidic properties which fight against dandruff causing bacteria and fungus. It is provides relief from itching.
- Take two to three teaspoons of lemon juice.
- Apply it on your scalp and massage it.
- Wash your head after five to ten minutes.
- Repeat this remedy few times a week.
Salicylic contained in Aspirin is very helpful to exfoliate the scalp and thus helps to control dandruff.
- Crush 2-3 aspirins and three teaspoons of vinegar.
- Dissolve the aspirin powder in vinegar.
- Massage your scalp with this mixture and leave it for 15-30 minutes.
- Wash your hair thoroughly.
Mouth wash have anti-fungal properties, thus it restricts the growth of yeast causing dandruff.
You can take Listerine because it is alcohol based mouth wash.
- Mix Few drops of mouth wash in your shampoo.
- Wash your head with this mixture and massage your scalp.
- Leave it for 5 minutes and then rinse it with water.
- You can also wash your head with normal shampoo and then rinse your scalp with mouth wash.
- Try any of these remedy once a week.
Fenugreek seeds have the properties for soothing the scalp. It can control the dandruff and acts as anti-bacteria
- Soak two tablespoons of fenugreek leaves in one cup water overnight.
- Following morning, blend these seeds to make a paste.
- Apply this paste on your scalp and let it stay for half an hour.
- Rinse it with mild shampoo.