Exercise not only helps you to stay fit but also keeps you happier and boosts your mood. Some sort of daily physical exercise can even helps you to love longer. There are multiple health benefits of physical exercise that are just impossible to ignore.
Following are some of the benefits of doing regular exercise:
- Controls weight: Exercise helps you to keep a check on your weight and aids you to prevent excess weight gain. Your weight is directly proportional to the workout done by you. The more the exercise, more calories you will burn. In case intense exercise is not possible for you, you can indulge yourself with active ways like using stairs in place of elevators or doing up your household chores.
- Struggle with the diseases and health conditions: Are you worried about the chronic diseases? Exercise also helps you to prevent high blood pressure, which is the major cause of chronic diseases. It does not matter whatever is your current weight, indulging yourself in exercise makes you more active and boosts good cholesterol in your body. Regular routine of exercise can prevent you from cancer, arthritis, strokes, depression and type 2 diabetes.
- Promotes better sleep: Do you have any problem to fall sleep. Daily routine of physical exercises helps you to enjoy a sound sleep and even act as a stress-booster. You just have to keep in mind that you must not exercise before sleeping.
- Boosts your mood and energy: A brisk workout not only burns your calories but it also stimulates chemicals that will leave you relaxed and happy and it will also increase your confidence. Physical exercise delivers oxygen to your tissues and helps your body to work more effectively.
In case you are not a serious gym-goer then there are many physical activities with which you can turn to be fit in your old clothes again. These activities can turn to be wonderful for your health. Following are the list of activities that can aid you to get in shape and reduce the risk of diseases:
- Jogging: Regular jog for at least 15-20 minutes can help you to fresh and active throughout the day. It is simple yet powerful and will lift your mood. While jogging every part of your body moves that helps you to reduce your gained weight more quickly.
- Swimming: It is a kind of perfect workout for all the age groups. The water puts your body in motion and takes away the pain of joints and helps to move them more fluidly. It is good for people suffering from arthritis as its less weight bearing and can even improve your mental state. You can also indulge yourself in water aerobics as it will tone you and will burn calories quickly.
- Tai Chi- It is a kind of a Chinese Martial art integrates relaxation and movement. It is good for mind, body and soul. It is also called ‘meditation in motion’. Although, it is best for older people as it is a component of fitness.